When it comes to your home's rooms, have you ever said,
" I wish I could start all over!""
If we are being honest we probably have all said that at some point, but the reality of the matter is most of us do not have the budget to do that.
So what CAN we do"
Actually there are a lot of things we can do, but first we need to have a plan so we spend our time, energy and money wisely.
I am talking about a plan that will help you work with what you already have with a few new additions.
Remove all elements except your main furniture pieces from the room.
Now step back and ask yourself a few questions:
1. Is there a good flow in my room"
2. Do I need all the pieces in the room" If the answer is no, remove the unnecessary piece right now.
3. Arrange furniture pieces for the best flow, and use in the room. Don't be afraid to take pieces from other parts of your home. Shop what you already own.
4. Be creative, think outside the box.
Look around to see if you have enough lighting in the room. Here is a formula for you to figure out just how much you need...
1. Now that you know how much lighting you need place necessary lighting around the room. Keeping in mind to use floor lamps, table lamps, sconces and over head lighting.
2. This is a good time to make a new purchase if you need to brighten up your space, and update the style. Try getting something that is a bit more modern in shape and a lighter color or a reflective metal.
ALL UNDER $300
ALL UNDER $100
Look at your walls do you need a fresh coat of paint" Where do you need to add mirrors or paintings"
1. Mirrors are wonderful to reflect more light in a room and they can also enlarge a space.
2. Keep in mind the shape, color, style and size of the mirror you are using. Your mirror can introduce style, texture and color if chosen caref...