With a new house comes a new opportunity to create our dream landscape! I'm really, really thankful that our yard has the perfect amount of "base" landscaping. Everything is very well maintained, nothing messy, quality evergreens...with plenty of space to make it our own. I don't know how much will get planted this year with our pending garage addition, but I cannot wait to really make the yard ours! Here are some of my favorites for the garden that we either currently have that are worth a mention, or on my wishlist!
1. BoxwoodMy evergreen hedge, foundation bush of choice. I will never quit you boxwood!
2. Endless Summer HydrangeasThese are the ones that if cared for well, will give you blooms over and over throughout the summer. Thats a big plus since most just bloom once a season.
3. Blushing Bride HydrangeasMy parents gave me one when we got engaged in a pretty stone planter. A beautiful shade of white with hints of pink!
4. IrisesI love seeing these bloom early Spring. They come in a ton of colors and are so, so easy to grow. Great bulb.
5. Japanese Snowball ViburnumI love these for the gigantic mounds and mounds of blooms they produce, twice a year. They look similar to hydrangea blooms, so of course I love them!
6. Holly Ferns Great for adding to beds. Come back year after year.
7. Trees- Magnolia, Crepe Myrtle, HollySouthern staples! I love the natchez crepe myrtle variety.
8. CaladiumsEasy for your pots!
9. Limelight HydrangeasThese are a great shade of white and light green, they bloom a little later in the season which is a nice change when everything else seems spent!
10. HostasI'm obsessed with hostas. They are also a favorite to clip leaves for arrangements.
11. RhododendronsThese are in the azalea family. I love the bright pink blooms!
12. Creeping JennyEasy for your pots- one of my favorite "spillers"...
13.Sweet Potato VineAnother easy "spiller"....
14. Kimberly Queen FernI get two every year ...